According to the article, “Constructivists consider learning to be an individual and personal event.” I agree with this statement. From my past experience, the more a student can relate to a subject manner, the more engaged that student will be. When children partake in opportunities, they have a deeper awareness of that subject matter. If children go on a field trip to The Museum of Science and Industry, they may return with a deeper appreciation and interest for science. The article talks about putting children “in charge of their projects.” I feel this is very important because when students take ownership, they will become more engaged. This engagement fosters learning. I also think ownership is increased when students, with the teacher’s guidance, make their own rubrics. When students have a part in developing rubrics, they are taking ownership and can take a part in assessing their progress. The article states how computers enable students to work at their own paces and encourages them to be “self directed and independent.” I have the same opinion and believe computer technology opens many doors of learning. Students can take this knowledge and apply it to their past experiences and understanding.
Monday, May 24, 2010
“Connecting Student Learning and Technology”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment