I thought project number two which includes the mind mapping and information/communication website technology was very helpful. I’ll begin with the mind mapping process. I utilized Inspiration as my mind mapping tool. Once I understood the basics of Inspiration, I thought it was a great device for collecting my thoughts and deciding how I was going to plan my information/communication school website on Google Sites. After the mind mapping was complete, my content and ideas easily transferred to my website.
I feel creating my own information/website on Google Sites is one of the best tools I will use to communicate to students, parents, colleagues, and administrators as I enter another year of teaching in the fall. I realized during the past school year that many parents are not familiar with my instrumental program. On my website I intend to share information students are learning in my classroom for each grade. I’m planning to include pictures of students playing instruments, videos of students playing, and links to educational and fun websites. Since I am only in the planning stage, I hope to expand and improve as I collect feedback and gain experience. I received some good ideas by looking at other teachers’ websites on the internet. I am sure I will expand my creativity further by looking at websites produced by my classmates.
No comments:
Post a Comment