I subscribed to ITunes for my podcast. I googled K-12 educational podcasts, and I came across a website of educational podcasts from the University of South Florida. I subscribed to the website, "Technology in K-12 Lesson Plans". I listened to a pirate educational podcast which was appropriate for grades K-2. The format was a movie. The movie was arranged in a cooperative learning and informal style, and the students were involved in the entire learning process . The movie was organized in the following manner: 1) a student takes four pictures of the north, south, east, and west sides of the school. 2) Students make an I-movie of Petey the Pirate. The “pirate” was a young adult who stated, ”If you want to be a pirate just like me, you have to follow the map to the buried treasure.” 3) Students look for the treasure by hanging on to a rope where the distance from one student to the other was one yard. A teacher said this lesson was a cooperative learning experience where students worked together to measure distances to find the buried treasures. The techniques the producer utilized consisted of the following: 1) a short clip of the I-movie “Petey the Pirate,” 2) students unscripted actions and voices showing their cooperative learning experience, 3) teacher’s voice narrating the entire experience during the entire podcast. Here is the hyperlink to my source:
http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/usf.edu.1273340511.01273340519
What a cute idea!
ReplyDelete